Saturday, May 21, 2011

21 days to healing

It's been a while!!!
Well, I have started myself on a self healing journey (sounds hippie like, I know). Anyway, while trying to figure out what is going on behind the acne on my face I figured out what is wrong. Candidiasis!!! What is that you ask? Well, it is an overgrowth of a certain type of yeast called candida albicans which can flourish under certain circumstances, then wreck havoc on your body as a result. How does one get a candida overgrowth? Lots of possible ways, for me it was a combination of being a sickly child given antibiotics routinely for ear infections, strep, etc... Also, birth control. So what does taking antibiotics and birthcontrol have to do with yeast? Well, when antibiotics are givin, it does it's job, kill bacteria. The problem is that it can't distinguish between bad bacteria and the thousands of other good bacteria living within our bodies. So what happens is the good bacteria is gone or damaged, then, yeast begins to grow and take it's place. Birth control messes with hormonal balance and can cause a similar effect. Eat sugar, and fat, those little yeasties will grow and flourish and prevent your health from returning back to optimal (which your body wants and needs.). Symptoms: acne, astma, sugar cravings, starchy food cravings,spots in vision, body aches, skin rashes, irritable bowel syndrome, gas, bloating, tiredness, depression, anxiety... The list goes on! Sound crazy, well, it makes sense to me that if your body is trying to heal itself all the time (from the yeast) then it can't work as efficiently to protect and heal itself from the other things going on in our bodies and environment.
after finding this out I have begun to try to get rid of this condition, and it has proved no easy feat. I began a 6 week candida clear diet only to get 3 weeks in and totally loose control. So, my new goal here is to take a different approach. I will still begin my diet the same way but with a different mindset. I have always been health concious, in fact, I could reasonably argue that I have studied and posses more knowledge than most doctors do on the subject (however, I am not a doctor, and this is my own personal opinion.) :) I figured out that it is my mindset and addictions to fat and sugar that are holding me back from really getting where I want to be. It has been studied and they say that it takes 21 days to form a habit. So I will be forming a habit of a healthier mindset and healthier eating. I will be writing everyday so that I have something to be accountable to. By the end of the 21 days I should have done away with any negative thought processes and addictions to food, and relaxed them with gratitude and love for my health (body and mind). So tomorrow marks day one, I'll be writing on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment