Hello!!!
I'm going to make this entry quick because I have a lot to do tonight (I work tomorrow.). But I wanted to share a few rips about what I do when I go out to eat and maintain my candida diet goals.
1- I almost always order a salad. Not a wimpy house salad made with iceburg lettuce though, I'm talking a nice salad with leafy green lettuce, assorted fresh chopped veggies, and a yummy sugar free vinegarette dressing. I will add some grilled Chiken or fish if I feel like I need the calories and protein.
2- ask for sauces and dressings on the side. That way I can use the dressing to my taste and not worry about it coming to the table swimming in the stuff.
3- take my time enjoying the smells and flavors of my entrée, don't try to eat as fast as I can. Eating too fast can actually make you add pounds to your frame as it takes some time for your stomach to register that it's satisfied.
4- skip on breads and desserts (yes, on the candida diet I have to do this.)
5- enjoy my company, talk and listen.
Today Eric and I went to Hot Rod Cafe in Post Falls. It's a burger and fries type place... But guess what? I found a delicious mediteranian chicken salad on their menu. I did have to ask about the marrinade for the chicken and found they used honey, so I made a special request that they hold the marinade and just season it up a little with spices and grill it. Easy as could be. Waiters are usually fine with special requests, and I have never had a waiter even act in the least bit annoyed. Plus, I'm paying to eat wherever I go, so I might as well get something good that I can enjoy.
I will say that when I am nor on this candida diet, I do things a little differently. We only allow healthy whole foods in the house. We decided that when we do go out to eat we can order whatever we want (dessert, cheese enchiladas, etc...), even with the ability to "let loose" a little at a resteraunt I still find myself mostly enjoying salads as I have required quite a taste for them (seriously though, if you would have asked me if I wanted a salad 2 years ago from a resteraunt I would have laughed in your face, I used to never think I would be one of those "salad people.".
Time to enjoy the weekend!!! Have a great one!
What do you do to make healthy choices at resteraunts?
No comments:
Post a Comment