Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 1

Today marked day 1 of my challenge. I was able to stick to the diet and have a (mostly) possitive attitude about it. Since it was Sunday I utilized a bunch of leftovers in the fridge which made it easy to stik with the plan as I didn't have to be cooking much. I have a bad habit of getting hungry, and then snaking the whole time I am preparing whatever I am making to eat for a meal. Eric enjoyed a Cinnamon roll and 2 Albertsons chocolate chip cookies infront of me after lunch. Why did we have cinnamon rolls and cookies in our "healthy" house? Well, like I said yesterday, 3 weeks into my diet I lost control. I had the biggest craving for a doughnut yesterday. I begged Eric to stop at the store on the way home so I could get one... We left with a 4 pack of cinnamon rolls and chocolate chip cookies... So, technically it's my fault we had those horrible, kill your body foods in the house.
Regardless, I was still a little annoyed that Eric felt the need to microwave a cinnamon roll today making the sweet smell of cinnamon, sugar and ooeeyy gooeeyness waft around the downstairs. I was strong though (also remembered how sick eating those sinfull foods made me feel last night after my indulgence.).
what kinds of things can I eat on my diet? To start you have to eliminate ALL starches, sugars, and anything predominately made from carbohydrates (bread, beans, pasta,fruit... Yes, fruit.). I can eat almost anything else as long as it's not processed. Meats are okay to eat as long as they are organic, free range. I was eating mostly began before beginning this diet (mostly following Dr. Joel Fuhrman's eat for health, which is a 80-10-10 diet). My new diet however is totally opposite as I can not have so much carbohydrates. I have needed to replace some if my calories with more animal protien than I would like, by I try to only have animal flesh about every other day. Eggs... Lots of eggs! Eggs don't bother me as long as they are cage free and humanely raised, so I have been eating a lot more eggs on this diet.
Vegetables, vegetables and more vegetables!!! If there is one thing I have learned is that no matter what, the more vegetables I eat, the better I look and feel. I focus on non-starchy colorful vegi's and try to eat lots of greens.
I can also have raw nuts and seeds. One problem I ran into last go around was nut butters and raw nuts, and eating too much of them. It is really east to overeat on these fat filled foods and I found that it was making me gain weight. I realized that I was using fatty nuts and nut butters to mask my cavings for sugar, all the while creating a new addiction for myself. This time around I will be portioning out my servings of these foods so that I do not overdo it.
and that would be the basics of my diet for the next 6 weeks. I'm looking foreward to a nice tablespoon of peanutbutter before getting ready for bed tonight :). I know peanut butter isn't always recomended, and not raw, but I found that if I withold too much from myself, that is when I loose control. I think that a spoonful of peanut butter (as opposed to the soonFULL'S I was consuming before)will be a good way to allow myself a treat while not having any sugar in the process, and it will also keep me from going crazy with telling myself "no" to any food that brings me some happiness.
Day 2 starts tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment