Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 7 eating healthy at work

I have heard lots of people say how hard it is to eat healthy when going to work. While I used to agree with that statement I now realize how easy it can be... Just make extra food when you cook dinners and eat leftovers in lunches. Very simple, very easy :).
one thing I have learned about myself this week is that I always have to be busy. This compulsion has led me to some of my unhealthy eating habits. I have found that I don't really like to stop doing things, I prefer to have my mind engaged in something. I can't ever sit on a couch and just "relax", add a book and yes, then it would be relaxing. Why does this have anything to do with food? Well, when I get in a snacky mood I can start snacking on something, it keeps me busy doing something, so I continue doing it. Simple as that. So what am I going to do to remedy this? I am going to start making better plans for my day so that I can at any given moment look at my day plan and see all the things that I could be busy doing... And do them, instead of eating.
it has been really refreshing for me to be able to take a step back and look at my relationship to food and how unhealthy it can be at times. I very much believe that a lot of my problem came from the Body for Life mindset. When someone is following the body for life plan they follow very strict diatary guidelines 6 days out of the week, then one day is considered the "cheat day". On this day you can eat whatever, and however much you want. BAD idea! At least for me. It made me think that as long as I ate perfectly during the week, that no matter how much candy, pizza, pasta, and French fries I aye it wouldn't matter. It does matter. That is one reason I like the nutritarian lifestyle so much is because you can have the 100 calories a day of whatever you want. If I know I am going to be restricted for long periods if time from a certain type of food I almost always binge on it. I think that is why this candida diet has been so difficult for me. Just 5 more weeks though! I can do it :)
I noticed today at work that there are some people who are always finding something bad to complain or be upset about. On the other hand, there are people dealing with similar issues, but handle it in a much more possitive way, always looking at what is going right for them and not wrong. It was just a good reminder that we all have blessings, and while they may be different from others, if we take the time to acknowledge them we can find peace and joy.
Question: what is something you have been blessed with this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment