Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 9 Silverwood

Hey all :)
It is so nice knowing that eventually I will be able to enjoy my precious fruits again!  I reminded myself of this as I was at Silverwood (theme park in northern Idaho), and I watched tons of people passing by me eating carmeled apples.  It wasnt the fact that they were carmeled that made them enticing to me, just the tart juicy green apple inside.  One plus is that green apples are one of the first fruits that I will be able to reintroduce into my diet once I am done with these six weeks.  For now, I am enjoying jicama and bell peppers!  I made some home made salsa today and I ate bell peppers with it, AMAZING!  The salsa could still use a little work but its good and its fresh.  I have plenty of time to perfect my salsa recipe.  It had to have been decent because I almost ate it all.   I will not post the recipes today but I though I would throw out the recipe that I plan on sharing within the next few days when I get the chance.  Carob Peanut butter cup chia seed pudding!!! SO good, NO sugar, NO grains..... PERFECT for when I feel the need for indulgence, I acutally felt like I was cheating when I was eating it with breakfast this morning.
Have a great week, I hope you all enjoyed your memorial day!  How thankful I am for all those sacrifices that have been and are still being made so that I can enjoy the freedoms here in this beautiful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment