Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Workout Wednesday- Burn those triceps!

Good evening!
The last couple days have been going so well!  We have been building our garden in the backyard and cleaning our house (we have company next week).  It always feels so good to set your mind to something, work on it, then admire the finished product of your labor.  The garden is not quite finished yet, but I have still been admiring what is already done so far.  Today Elizabeth and I rode the bike to the library for my workout and it turned out great because it was cloudy, but it did not start raining until right when we pulled into our driveway.  What luck!!!  I am so excited for our vegetable garden, it is going to be so wonderful to eat fresh garden food this summer, and also for a lot less money.  Vegetables are sure getting expensive, and when you eat a lot of them your wallet feels it.  But health is an investment to me.  I take care of my body now and feed it the healthy foods it should eat, then when I am older, I will be less likely to have lots of medical bills and still be enjoying an active lifestyle.  If we are what we eat I would much rather be fruits, veggies, legumes, etc... than a Big Mac and fries and a big bowl of ice cream.

Today's workout wednesday tip is all about triceps!

I love working out triceps for lots of reasons:
1-You can do it anywhere
2-They make your arms look awesome

Those are really the only reasons I can think of right now, but I'm pretty sure they are good reasons so I will leave it at that :)

Dips-  You can do these on a chair, on a dip machine, or... even on the side of the bathtub as your toddler is taking a bath (I have done this before).  Start with your hands facing foreward just under and to the sides of your bottom, holding on to the edge of your chair slide your legs out in front of you and lower down so that your arms form 90 degree angles, then push back up to the starting position.  Easy peasy!  But do 3 sets of 15-20 and you will feel those muscles burning!  You will feel that flab melting away :)

The Chaturanga-  Oh how I love this one!!! This pose will work your whole arms and create a very lean muscular look to the arms if done often.  At first glance it looks more like a triceps push-up, but there is so much more focus on form and it is preformed at a much slower pace than the traditional push-up which builds heat in the body and stamina in the muscles.  Click here to see what this looks like and a detailed description of how to do it, courtesy of the wonderful yogajournal.com.   Do as many as your body calls you to do :)

Well, thats all I have time for tonight!  Have a wonderful day and Live Stronger!
Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment