Well, this will be a short post today. But I had an ah ha moment today that I wanted to write down and share. It occurred to me that over the last 2 days I have had some trouble breathing, well, I have had this problem before. Anemia!!! It is something that I have been not too concerned about since I had started my healthier lifestyle. I found out I was anemic when I was pregnant with Elizabeth, I had to take LOTS of Iron supplements to get my stores up. With all my green smoothie action, and plenty of beans in my diet (before the candida diet), I figured that I was getting my share of iron. Extreme tiredness 2 weeks ago... symptom of low iron, breathing problems... symptom of low iron, eating large amounts of foods that have iron in them... symptom of low iron!!! So, I am starting to believe my problems with binging on certain foods (which I don't think it is an accident that all the foods I crave and tend to eat too much of have iron in them) are not completely linked to self control, although I do still think that there is some issue with that. So, while I have been ignoring my body's signals of trying to tell me it is in need of something it eventually, like it always does, finds a way to tell me to slow down and listen. Having breathing issues or acne is a great way to get you to stop for a second and listen to your body. I took my very last Blood Builder Iron supplement today (that I had just sitting in my cupboard for months), and now I plan on upping my iron intake for the next little while. I wish that I could justify some blood work in the budget, but since I feel I know what is going wrong I will just work on the iron issue for now. Silly me! Here comes a trip to my beloved Super Supplements store!
Moral of the story, listen to your body, and don't over analyze!
Live Stronger!
No comments:
Post a Comment