Friday, August 20, 2010

Time to sleep!

  Today has been one of those days when you think its going bad at first but then it turns out better in the end.  I had been planing on going to Zumba today with my sister but had to cancel (seriously last minute) due to time priority issues.  I was a little miffed about this but decided I wasn't going to let it ruin my day.  I got Elizabeth ready to go to the doctors (where she had to get three of her vaccinations and poked in the finger twice, I will talk more about this in a little.) and continued on my day.  Eric was supposed to meet me at the doctors office and he ended up not showing up... My phone ran out of battery while at the doctors so I couldn't call him to make sure everything was alright.  But, when I got home I put my sleeping baby in her bouncy seat (yes she still takes her naps in that thing) and was amazed at my house that looked remarkably clean compared to when I left with Elizabeth.  So BIG thanks to my hubby for that because it has made a huge difference in the quality of my day.  I didn't have much time to thank him though because he had to rush out the door to go to work. 
   Then feeling a little lonely while waiting for Elizabeth to wake up from her nap I texted my mom.  She let me know they were doing a BBQ I was thrilled when she asked if baby and I would come.  We went over and ate (I had a turkey burger :) and then went outside to hit some balls from Hannah's pitching machine.  It was all in all a good day.  Granted I'm a little OCD when it comes to having my day not go as I had previously planned it out in my head so I did have my moments of woe is me... Mostly about not getting to go to the gym.  But my mom offered to watch baby so I can go exercise tomorrow (which is usually one of my 2 resting days).  Thank you mom for being awesome! 
  Anyway, every time I take Elizabeth into the doctors to get some Vaccinations I have that little anxiety about all the possible side effects.  But through the visits I have grown less concerned about them.  First reason I think vaccines are alright:  They are to keep children from getting illnesses that could cause serious complications or death.  Second: Elizabeth's pediatrician (who I have asked numerous questions to about this topic) is very knowledgeable on the subject and assured me that all the hype about autism and vaccinations is exactly that.. hype... I guess there was a study done by a doctor once who thought the MMR vaccine was causing a higher risk of autism, but they have done further studies and the first one was debunked.  Now, I'm not saying that I don't think that there aren't problems or risks that occur from the vaccines (you sign papers before they get their shots to assure you understand the risks.) But, I do think that I would prefer some of those risks over my child getting seriously ill.  Like the chicken pox... 100 children die from chicken pox every year... If my child got them (which she still could even after being vaccinated but a much milder case) she could possibly be one of those 100.  I'm not taking that risk.  Also Idaho is one of the WORST states in the US when it comes to vaccinating children so if some sort of outbreak came around I don't want to risk that either...  Alright, so there is my opinion on vaccinations :)  I know there are many people who believe differently and I respect them and their choices, but I feel my choice to vaccinate is the right one for us. 
  Today's moral of the story... just keep a positive attitude and usually good things will happen.

 
 

2 comments:

  1. i am totally on board with vaccinations! there is a blog that i follow about a woman whose two month old baby died because he got pertussis. because people "chose" not to vaccinate. all of the diseases of the past that people died of all the time are making a come back because people are afraid of the possible side effects. really people! you are putting us all at risk! i say get vaccinated! and there is my rant. if you don't agree don't bring your kids out if they are sick, because who knows what they have, and certainly don't bring them around my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I think it's really sad to make an innocent child suffer a life threatening (preventable!) illness. Good job!

    ReplyDelete